Joel Francis is a freelance writer with experience in music, medicine, business, human interest and corporate communications. He has written multiple cover features on a diverse range of topics and produced a variety of articles, including album and concert reviews, features, profiles and public relations and marketing materials. Joel writes about music frequently on The Daily Record.
- Music writer for the Kansas City Star
- Marketing content writer for GEHA
- Reporter and editor for The Examiner
- Associate editor for AAFP News Now
- Senior editor for KU Endowment
- Grant, online course writer for U, Inc.
Master’s of Science: Journalism, University of Kansas
Bachelor’s of Science: Journalism, Missouri State University
Big Brothers, Big Sisters
Independence Literacy Council